Monday, June 16, 2014

Plane ticket purchased!

I just bought my plane ticket to Seoul! I leave from Detroit on August 20th and I arrive in Seoul on the 21st. It's a 13-hour direct flight, definitely the longest flight I will have ever taken (the second longest was coming from Istanbul last summer, which was 11 hours). I'm so glad I found a direct flight because I won't have to worry about my baggage getting lost during layovers at other airports. Plus longer flights have nicer airplanes which is a bonus as well.

I'm also working on my visa application. I just need to get a money order from my bank and take passport photos. Thank goodness I can mail everything in instead of having to go in person to the Korean consulate. Finding a way to get to Chicago would have been really annoying. The only thing I'm worried about is my passport getting lost but I'm mitigating the problem by buying mail that has insurance and express mailing.

I'm slowly checking off the items on my to-do list. This week I also have a doctor's appointment so I can get the medical letter needed for Boren. Whenever I become stressed when thinking about all the things I need to accomplish, I keep reminding myself that in two months I will be in the country that I've wanted to be in for the past two years. The wait will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment