Friday, June 13, 2014

Encouraging students to study abroad

I want to take this opportunity to let others know about two MSU students who are also studying abroad for a year. They are writing blogs too and I encourage you to read them because they provide another side to studying abroad.

The first blog comes from Marisa Reynolds, who is also studying abroad at Yonsei University. Here's the link to her blog: http://studiesin-seoul.blogspot.com/

Marisa and I have been in the same Korean class for the past two years and I'm so pumped to represent MSU with her in Seoul.

The second blog comes from Chris Murphy, who is studying abroad in China. He's currently in Harbin for a two-month summer program and then he heads to China again for a year-long program. Chris also received the Boren scholarship. Here's the link to his blog: http://spartansabroad.wordpress.com/

I'm hoping that with all three blogs, Marisa, Chris, and I can encourage Spartans and future MSU students to study abroad. The journey may seem intimidating (and I would lie if I said it wasn't), but adding personal voices allows students to see that the process really is doable and also extremely rewarding in the short and long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment